- As a team leader, are you sometimes baffled by your team members’ behavior and wonder if you’ll ever understand them enough to motivate and engage them?
- As a manager or director, do you find yourself setting goals and then letting them slide day-to-day because you’re so bombarded by “pressing issues” that you don’t have the time nor energy to connect the dots between your goals and your moment-to-moment actions?
- As a leader, do you notice that your organization seems challenged by the same issues day after day? Have you ever wondered what blind spots are constraining you that never seem to go away?
Leading people is one of the most challenging tasks we can take on in life. And this challenge is made more difficult by the demands of today’s 24/7 always-on, interconnected world where distractions are rampant and change is constant. We often don’t have the breathing space to be clear and focused, to listen deeply to ourselves and others, or to lead with a sense of calm and centeredness.
However, in the midst of this autopilot environment, decades of scientific research have found that mindfulness is the tool that enables leaders to embrace their humanity, focus on being a leader, engage with others in a more meaningful and impactful way, and perhaps even reduce suffering—for themselves and others—along the way.
At this workshop, learn how to:
- Free yourself from Leadership Mind Traps that lurk in your blind spots
- Uncover your life story, its positive and negative impact on your leadership journey, and begin to craft a more empowering story
- Develop an unconditional confidence and presence of mind to meet the demands of high performance leadership
I found the Mindful Leadership program profoundly useful and inspiring. It enabled me to better manage my clients and product teams more purposefully, effectively and with the desired and strategized outcome. One of the most useful tools I learned that helped create a recent and successful negotiation were the principles of generative listening. Listening for content, listening for the hidden clues for what is being said underneath, what did not work for my clients in the past to accomplish and achieve their goal, and how I can help set priorities that reinvent a management strategy for like-minded-mutual success." -- Jeffrey Powers, CLI Landscaping, California
"Thank you for an informative and truly meaningful workshop. I greatly enjoyed it and look forward to attending future events or workshops you hold."
-- Dana Marcos, Director of Member Services, Central California Alliance for Health